Request a Strategy Call and we will get in touch with you
Joe Orlando is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) and is Vice President of Valuation Services for Exit Strategies Group, Inc. a mid-size business valuation and M&A brokerage firm serving the Western U.S. Joe leads Exit Strategies’ business valuation practice working primarily with private companies and owner-operators in all industries with a strong focus on the craft beverage space.
Joe has appraised equity securities, enterprise values, and intangible assets for every size company for tax and financial reporting compliance, strategic planning, business development, private and public equity financings as well as family law and litigation testimony.
Over the last 30 years, Joe has worked in M&A, corporate finance, public company strategic planning, and, for the last 18 years, in fundamental business valuation. Joe started his career in investment banking working within a small M&A team at C. J. Lawrence, Morgan Grenfell. Before joining Exit Strategies in 2019, he led the Business Valuation practice for Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP, a growing Northern California accounting firm. Before joining Frank, Rimerman, Joe was the first outside hire for Silicon Valley Bank’s (SVB) Analytics group.
While Joe has valued businesses in almost every industry, he has particularly deep expertise in wineries, craft beverages and technology (specifically software, ecommerce, and online content).
Education & Accreditations
- MBA, Georgetown University – Washington, DC
- BA, Economics, St. Lawrence University – Canton, NY
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers
- Candidate, Appraisal Review Management Designation for Business Valuation (ARM-BV), American Society of Appraisers
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Member, American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Past President, Vice President, Treasurer and Business Valuation Discipline Director for the ASA NorCal chapter
- Founding Member of the Fair Value Forum, a group of business valuation practice leaders in Northern California
- Finance Committee member, Community Foundation of Sonoma County
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Study to return sports programs back to the University
- Economic Impact Study of the Wine Industry in New Jersey for the Garden State Wine Growers Association
- Economic Impact Study of the Hard Cider Industry in the Pacific Northwest for the Northwest Cider Association
- A Difference of Opinions: Closely-Held vs. Venture-Backed Companies- Part 1 of 2
- Spring Break 2022
- Understanding Discount Rates – Parts 1 through 5
- Understanding Discount Rates: The Cost of Debt and the Debt to Capital Ratio – Part 5 of 5
- Understanding Discount Rates The Company Specific Risk Premium – Part 4 of 5