Request a Strategy Call and we will get in touch with you
The global industrial economy is in the midst of an automation boom and well capitalized strategic buyers and financial sponsors have taken notice. Demand for industrial automation and robotics acquisitions has never been higher. Consequently, for company owners, the benefit of having professional M&A representation has also never been greater.
Investment Banking Services
Exit Strategies Group provides sell-side merger and acquisition (M&A) advisory / investment banking services to industrial automation company owners looking to sell or bring on an equity partner. Our industrial automation M&A team is led by Al Statz, who has 15 years of automation industry operating experience and 20 years of M&A experience. Few investment bankers have stronger industrial automation industry knowledge and relationships.
- Understand your personal needs, goals and priorities
- Evaluate your company’s market value, transaction readiness and strategic alternatives
- Help prepare your company for a sale or recapitalization (or acquisition*)
- Prepare a compelling confidential offering memorandum
- Identify and contact multiple buyer candidates
- Generate interest and orchestrate a competitive bid process
- Negotiate the best possible deal terms for you and your shareholders
- Guide you and your team through the due diligence and closing phases of a transaction
Buy-side services include validating your acquisition strategy, finding and selecting target companies, approaching and screening candidates, identifying synergies, valuation, negotiating a letter of intent, introducing debt and equity providers, and guidance through the diligence and closing process.
In addition, we conduct business valuations of industrial automation companies for buy-sell agreements, shareholder disputes, management buyouts, ESOPs, gifting and other compliance purposes.
Automation Industry Outlook
Some of the macro trends driving the rapid adoption of industrial automation technologies include the need to improve productivity and quality to compete globally, the shortage and rising cost of skilled labor, the need to improve workplace safety, constantly-changing consumer tastes, packaging refresh rates, mass-personalization of consumer goods and shorter delivery expectations, increased use of electronics in consumer products and continued miniaturization of those products, and the movement toward cloud computing. Recent advancements in machine vision, 3D sensors, collaborative robots, end of arm tooling, artificial intelligence (AI), processing power and IIoT are allowing automation hardware and software makers to meet these challenges. Companies throughout the supply chain have no choice but to invest in automation to compete and thrive in the years ahead.
Automation Markets Served
- Exit Strategies Group provides mergers and acquisitions advice and investment banking services to industrial automation manufacturers, software companies, custom automation companies, system integrators, automation solution providers, distributors, control panel builders and contract manufacturers.
- Past clients have provided collaborative, mobile and industrial robot technologies, robotic accessories, AI, machine learning, sensors, machine vision, motion control, drives and motors, PLC’s, machine control, process control, flow control, instrumentation, SCADA, safety and machine guarding, conveyors and material handling, barcode and auto ID systems, IIoT, MES and networking, industrial PC’s and HMI, structural framing, fluid power, and power transmission products.
- End markets served by our industrial automation clients include life sciences, pharmaceutical and biotech, medical equipment, semiconductors and electronics, e-commerce, warehousing and third-party logistics, automotive, transportation, data centers, industrial and commercial printing, packaging, food and beverage, aviation equipment and technology, glass, rubber and plastics, metalworking and metal forming, additive manufacturing, machine tool, aerospace, defense and government research, agriculture, renewable energy and electric vehicles.
“We chose Exit Strategies over other investment banks and M&A advisors primarily because of their competitive bid process, straight-forward style, and previous automation industry experience. We could not be happier with the service and counsel they provided, and the outcomes they produced. … Al was an excellent communicator and was always available to answer questions, strategize, and assist with any aspect of the transaction, large or small. ”
“Our accounting and legal counsel are two of the top firms in the Pacific NW and they had never worked with Al on previous transactions. They were equally impressed with Al’s ability to quarterback the process and see the whole field from legal, accounting and investment banking perspectives and help expose blind spots and successfully navigate around them. … It is without any hesitation that I endorse Al Statz and his firm Exit Strategies Group Inc. (ESGI). ”
“Al proved to be one of the best professionals that I have hired in the past 30 years; maybe the best. His understanding of the automation industry, his professionalism, persistence and steady guidance were truly exceptional. … I feel that I could not have chosen a better M&A advisor than Al Statz and Exit Strategies. They met or exceeded all of my expectations, and I highly recommend them to anyone considering a business sale, acquisition or merger.”
“Your team quickly grasped our company and its potential value. Our entire family is thrilled with the outcome of the transaction and the level of service you provided. I always knew you had our goals and interests in mind, and I am convinced that we could not have achieved the same price and terms without your counsel.”
“Exit Strategies’ guidance throughout the complex sale process was invaluable to me. Their advice was consistently accurate, and complemented that of our attorney and our CPA. … Having experienced the level of service and counsel that AI Statz and Exit Strategies provide, I cannot imagine selling another company without this service. I wholeheartedly recommend Exit Strategies Group to anyone looking to sell or acquire a company.”
“Al had an impeccable perspective on the industry and new most if not all of the many potential strategic buyers and private equity investors. … In retrospect, selling our company was one of the most difficult business endeavors I have ever taken on. I cannot imagine going through this process with anyone but Al Statz and Exit Strategies Group.”
“Exit Strategies’ thorough independent assessment helped us see our company from a buyer perspective, and their advice helped us position the company for a more successful sale. … I witnessed firsthand how a structured sale process drove results. ESG skillfully brought several good buyers to the table and got them to make very strong offers. Al asked great questions as we met with various candidates that helped us select the best acquirer.”
Al Statz, President and Automation Team Leader, 707-781-8580