Request a Strategy Call and we will get in touch with you
Roy Martinez has been with Exit Strategies since 2013. Roy specializes in small business brokerage and lower middle market M&A work. Roy also is active in the valuation of small to mid-sized privately-held companies. Roy is a Certified California Business Broker (CBB) and a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA).
Before Exit Strategies, Roy was the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of WineDirect, a $25 million wine fulfillment company. His completion of two acquisitions while at WineDirect made him a good fit for Exit Strategies. Prior to that, Roy was the CFO of technology firms X2nSat, IP Access International, and TodoCast. Roy has six years of venture capital and private equity experience: 4 years at Intel Capital, the largest and most active strategic investment group and two years at a venture capital firm. Before that Roy held multiple finance and marketing positions and spent 5 years in engineering.
- Roy is an industry generalist with experience in many sectors.
- A focus area is wine industry products and services
Education & Accreditations
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Harvard Business School – Boston, MA
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of California – Berkeley, CA
- Advanced coursework in business valuation, venture capital, and strategic marketing
- Certified California Business Broker (CBB), California Association of Business Brokers (CABB) – CBB #249
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) – CVA #60718
- California Department of Real Estate (DRE) license # 01938701
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Member, California Association of Business Brokers
- Member, International Business Brokers Association
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Member, Provisors – San Rafael 1 home group
- Former Member – North Bay Angels (2011-2012 Chair)