Request a Strategy Call and we will get in touch with you
With over 20 years of experience with medium to larger sized Bay Area firms, Bob has led sales and marketing teams, developed and launched technology products, formed successful strategic alliances and built worldwide distribution channels. His solid management background is an asset in business valuations. In 1982, Bob founded Mountain Star Business Brokerage, Inc. in Nevada County, CA and over the years participated in the valuation and sale of hundreds of businesses including retail, service, distribution, manufacturing, and professional practices. Prior to joining Exit Strategies Group, Bob was CEO and one of five founders of Leapfrog Software, Inc., where in 2008 he sold the company’s flagship product IP to CSS, Inc. in southern California and served on the Board of Directors of both companies.
In 1992, Bob Altieri was accredited by the Institute of Business Appraisers as a Certified Business Appraiser. Bob specializes in the valuation of small to mid-sized closely-held companies, for a range of purposes including exit/succession planning, estate, gift and other tax filings, mergers and acquisitions, buy-sell agreements, SBA loan appraisals, litigation support, and shareholder disputes. As a seasoned business broker, he brings a real-world approach and understanding to his business appraisals. Bob has a great deal of experience in marital dissolution valuations and is a qualified expert witness in California courts.
Bob has sold and appraised businesses in many industries, with particularly deep experience in retail, service, distribution, manufacturing and professional practices.
Education & Accreditations
- Masters in Business Administration, California State University – Dominguez Hills
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, Indiana Institute of Technology – Fort Wayne
- Advanced coursework in management accounting, finance, economics & quantitative analysis
- Certified Business Appraiser (CBA), National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- California DRE #01995309
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Member, California Association of Business Brokers (CABB)
- Member, International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Past Trustee, Nevada County Board of Education, which has budgetary oversight activities (served 23 years)
- Served on the Board of Directors of Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley, CA, and Chairman of the Audit Committee (6 years)