Strategic Acquisition Advisory
Strategic business acquisitions can increase growth and enterprise value through market, product or service expansion, vertical integration, technology or talent acquisition, to name a few. Strategic acquisitions are often referred to as add-on, bolt-on and tuck-in acquisitions. Most private companies don’t need a full time corporate development staff. They can cost-effectively outsource this buy-side function to M&A firms like Exit Strategies on a project basis. We guide clients through the entire process.
Phase I: Planning
- We’ll help you develop your acquisition criteria, understand your available capital and prearrange funding sources. We conduct research to develop a list of target companies that fit your criteria. Searches can be local, regional, national or international in scope.
Phase II: Deal Sourcing
- We contact each target’s decision maker. We have exploratory discussions, present your capabilities and gauge their interest level and motives. This phase produces multiple acquisition opportunities.
Phase III: Discovery, Analysis & Negotiations
- We make introductions, facilitate acquisition discussions and gather information on the target. We can develop and present valuation models. We help you formulate your offer and negotiate price and terms in a letter of intent.
Phase IV: Due Diligence, Transaction Closing
- We facilitate due diligence, liaise with attorneys on agreements and closing procedures, and coordinate the work of others to keep the deal on track to a successful closing.
Our goal is acquisitions that meet your strategic and financial objectives, and stand the test of time.
Platform Acquisition Search
Exit Strategies conducts acquisition searches on behalf of qualified financial buyers to acquire stand-alone platform companies. We work with:
- Private equity groups (PEGs)
- Family offices
- Private and public companies
- High net worth individuals and corporate executives seeking business ownership
Other Buy-Side Services
Independent Business Valuation
- Situation: You want to acquire a business for sale directly from an owner or through another broker, but don’t know if the price is reasonable. An independent business valuation from Exit Strategies can validate your purchase price, give you a new basis for negotiations, or save you from making a big mistake.
- Situation: You have an interested seller, but need help negotiating and structuring the deal, and managing the process. Exit Strategies can negotiate on your behalf and help preserve your relationship with the seller. You instantly add years of deal-making experience to your team. We do not provide legal or tax advice.
- Situation: You want to maximize your return on investment by avoiding post-acquisition integration mistakes and realizing the synergistic benefits that you envisioned going in. Having done many mergers and acquisitions, both as principals and intermediaries, we can help you plan the integration and coach you through the critical first 3-6 months after closing.