Request a Strategy Call and we will get in touch with you
Strategic Acquisition Advisory
Though we are primarily a sell-side firm, we also advise on strategic business acquisitions (a.k.a. add-on, bolt-on and tuck-in acquisitions). Most private companies don’t need a full time corporate development staff; they can cost-effectively outsource acquisition projects to an M&A firm like Exit Strategies Group.
Phase I: Planning
- We help you formulate your acquisition objectives and strategy, understand available capital and identify funding sources. We conduct research to develop a list of target companies that fit your criteria. Searches can be regional, national or international in scope.
Phase II: Deal Sourcing
- We contact each target’s decision maker. We initiate discussions, present your capabilities and gauge their interest level and motives. This phase produces multiple acquisition opportunities.
Phase III: Discovery, Analysis & Negotiations
- We facilitate acquisition discussions and gather information on the target. We can develop and present valuation models. We can help you structure your offer and negotiate price and terms in a letter of intent.
Phase IV: Due Diligence, Transaction Closing
- We can facilitate due diligence, arrange acquisition financing, collaborate with attorneys on agreements and closing procedures, and work to keep the deal on track to a successful closing.
Our goal is acquisitions that meet your strategic and financial objectives, and stand the test of time.
More Buy-Side Services
Platform Acquisition Search
- Exit Strategies conducts acquisition searches on behalf of qualified financial buyers to acquire stand-alone platform companies.
- We work with private equity groups, family offices, private and public companies; and occasionally high net worth individuals, independent sponsors and corporate executives seeking business ownership.
Independent Business Valuation
- You want to acquire a business for sale by an owner or another broker, but don’t know if the price is reasonable. An independent business valuation can validate your purchase price, give you a new basis for negotiation, or save you from making a big mistake.
- You have an interested seller, but need help structuring and negotiating the deal and managing the process. We add many years of deal-making experience to your team.
- You want to avoid making integration mistakes and maximize the synergies that you envisioned going in. Having done many mergers and acquisitions, as principals and intermediaries, we help you plan the integration and coach you through the critical first 3-6 months.