Request a Strategy Call and we will get in touch with you
Strategic Acquisition Advisory
Strategic business acquisitions can increase growth and enterprise value through market, product or service expansion, vertical integration, technology or talent acquisition, to name a few. Strategic acquisitions are often referred to as add-on, bolt-on or tuck-in acquisitions. Most private companies don’t need a full time corporate development staff. They cost-effectively outsource this work to M&A firms like Exit Strategies on a project basis. We guide clients through the entire process.
Phase I: Planning
- We help formulate your acquisition strategy, understand available capital, and identify funding sources. We conduct research to develop a list of target companies that fit your criteria. Searches can be regional, national or international in scope.
Phase II: Deal Sourcing
- We contact each target’s decision maker. We initiate discussions, present your capabilities and gauge their interest level and motives. This phase produces multiple acquisition opportunities.
Phase III: Discovery, Analysis & Negotiations
- We facilitate acquisition discussions and gather information on the target. We can develop and present valuation models. We can help you structure your offer and negotiate price and terms in a letter of intent.
Phase IV: Due Diligence, Transaction Closing
- We can facilitate due diligence, arrange acquisition financing, collaborate with attorneys on agreements and closing procedures, and work to keep the deal on track to a successful closing.
Our goal is acquisitions that meet your strategic and financial objectives, and stand the test of time.
Platform Acquisition Search
Exit Strategies conducts acquisition searches on behalf of qualified financial buyers to acquire stand-alone platform companies. We work with:
- Private equity groups (PEGs)
- Family offices
- Private and public companies
- High net worth individuals and corporate executives seeking business ownership
More Buy-Side Services
Independent Business Valuation
- You want to acquire a business for sale by owner or through another broker, but don’t know if the price is reasonable. Our independent business valuation can validate your purchase price, give you a new basis for negotiation, or save you from making a big mistake.
- You have an interested seller, but need help structuring and negotiating the deal, managing the process, and preserving your relationship with the seller. We bring many years of deal-making experience to your team.
- You want to avoid making integration mistakes and maximize the synergies that you envisioned going in. Having done many mergers and acquisitions, as principals and intermediaries, we help you plan the integration and coach you through the critical first 3-6 months.