Request a Strategy Call and we will get in touch with you
Don Ross has been brokering the sale of businesses since 2009. Previously, he was engaged as a contract CFO for several niche retail business entities, focusing on forensic accounting, budgeting and market strategy formulation, and maximizing profitability.
Don has owned and operated several retail businesses including two farm and industrial equipment dealerships, a chain of retail stationery and gift stores, and a direct marketing catalog company. Don is a past Regional Marketing and Sales Director of the Legal Publishing Division of McGraw-Hill Company and a past marketing consultant to a 1996 Atlanta Olympics Venue Management Group.
Don is married with three adult children and seven grandchildren. He lives in Petaluma with his wife, Michele, and Standard Poodle, Sammy. He is an avid reader, traveler, and “gym rat”.
- Niche Retail
- Food Processing/Manufacturing and Distribution
- Real Estate Management
Education & Accreditations
- Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Stanford University
- Certified Business Broker (CBB) accreditation through the California Association of Business Brokers
- California DRE #01871910
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers
- Candidate Appraisal Review Management Designation for Business Valuation (ARM-BV), American Society of Appraisers
- Past President, Vice President, Treasurer and Business Valuation Discipline Director for the ASA NorCal chapter
- Founding Member of the Fair Value Forum, a group of business valuation practice leaders in Northern California
- Finance Committee member, Community Foundation of Sonoma County