M&A buyers are still active in the midst of uncertainty. However, as you would expect, they are mindful of added risks caused by COVID-19.
These are some talent-related questions that may come up in future due diligence:
- Did layoffs or other cuts impact the business’s ability to retain key employees?
- Did the business comply with state and federal laws related to layoffs and furloughs?
- How is employee health and well-being managed?
- Are policies and practices sufficient to protect employee safety?
- Do employees have the ability to work remotely – without frustrating workarounds?
- How well does company culture support engagement and accountability in a remote environment?
For further information on business sales, mergers and acquisitions in the midst of coronavirus or to discuss a current need, contact Al Statz, 707-781-8580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.